Sustainable Kitchen Towel
Save money and waste with these Ecoegg Bamboo Towels, an eco-friendly replacement for kitchen roll. Save up to £15 by purchasing this product today.*
Unlike normal kitchen roll, which you use once and then throw away, these are reusable. After use, just pop them in your washing machine and wash at or below 40 degrees. They can be washed up to 85 times per sheet, and they get softer every time you do!
Bamboo is one of the strongest and most absorbent natural substances. Use them wet or dry for spills, messes, cleaning, wiping, dusting and drying. They never scratch and never leave any lint or residue.
After washing, reuse a Tupperware or old tissue box.
20 sheets per roll. Made in the UK.
*saving based on supermarket super absorbent kitchen roll (400 sheets)
For other eco-friendly products, check out our bestselling Detergent Sheets
Why should we reduce kitchen roll?
- Deforestation (to create paper pulp): According to Paper on the Rocks, an area roughly the size of the Netherlands is deforested each year to make paper products.
- Pollution: Paper mills produce solid waste matter that can end up polluting soil and water sources.
- Energy use: The World Counts states that the paper industry is the world’s 5th biggest consumer of energy. Energy is required to produce kitchen roll, transport the finished product, and transport any waste it produces (unless the waste kitchen roll is home composted).
- Water use: According to The World Counts, paper products (including kitchen roll) are water-intensive to produce, with 10 litres required just to produce one sheet of A4.
- Plastic waste: Kitchen roll often comes wrapped in soft plastic that ends up in landfill.
- Non-recyclable: In the UK, used kitchen roll is non-recyclable. A study carried out by the British Science Association, found that used kitchen roll was commonly believed by the British public to be recyclable, leading to contaminated recycling loads. The cardboard tubes inside kitchen rolls are, however, widely recycled.